Thursday, August 13, 2015

Camp Space- Blank Space YW Camp Parody



At camp the oldest Youth Leaders and I did a camp skit where the leader spoke only in Taylor Swift lyric parodies. It was fun to write a character like that, and while doing that I came up with this song. The leaders sang it at the opening program and acted it out. It really set the tone for camp seeing leaders be ridiculous and crazy.

Don't these pics make you want to get out of your seat and yell the lyrics???









Camp Parody "Camp Space"    (Taylor Swift "Blank Space" tune)
Lyrics adapted by Jacki Daley, Indianapolis West Stake YW Camp


[Verse 1]
Nice to meet you
Where you from?
We planned an incredible camp
Music, laughter, heaven, friends
Saw you coming and I thought oh my gosh
Look at that face, you smell so good today
Camps so fun, wanna coooome?
Tents, canoes,   swim in our stream              
  You’ll need scriptures not magazines            
  Build a fire, make some crafts,
And I know you might be scared
So hey, you’ll make friends
We never want to see girls camp end
Grab your sunscreen and bug spray
I could make the prissy girls tough for a few days

[Pre-Chorus]
Camp's gonna be forever
And might be hot as flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the hike was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-campers
They'll tell you it’s insane
Cause you know I love the campers
And you love GIRL’S CAMP

[Chorus] - LEADERS
Cause we're spiritual and we're funny
We'll take the theme too far
We’ll sing till you’re breathless
Go home with a nasty scar
Got a long list of ex-campers
They'll tell you it’s insane
But I got a blank form baby-
And I'll write your name

[Verse 2]
Beautiful trees
Starry skies
Gather round the campfire ring
No phones allowed, you’ll be fine
Do your chores baby and camp stays clean
Free time you’ll pick what you want
Lock up your treats super tight
Or you’ll have raccoons at night
Oh no!!!
Screaming, crying, be kindness shown
Leave the girl drama back at home
Rocks and woods filled with thorns
Wear your shoes so you keep your toes
What to wear to camp today?
Dress and act modestly
After lights out, don’t get up and leave
Cause then I’ll be a nightmare dressed as a daydream

Chorus again

 [Bridge]
Poison Ivy’s leaves of 3 is pure torture
Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn you
Poison Ivy’s leaves of 3 is pure torture
Don't say I didn't say I didn't warn you

Chorus


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...