Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Still Alive

Hello Faithful Readers- all half dozen of you!

I am still alive. Worried, weren't you?

We've spent the last three weeks setting up our house, playing with our family, making new friends and laughing at rambling sob stories connected to furniture listins on craigs list. And let me tell you, there's no shortage of those.

We're unpacked for the most part, but we're still in need of furniture for our living room. And a decision about window covers. It's exhausting. Talk to me in 6 months and I might have a house that's kind of put together.

I've discovered a house really affects the way you live. This is probably a no brainer to most of you.

For example...

I now have space to dance in my kitchen. Now I wanna listen to music instead of boring npr.

I also can see most of my backyard from my kitchen. So the kids can play while I make dinner. Life changing.

I now have a bathroom I can see a computer from. Yes. I can watch youtube while I go. (Jealous?)

Our computer is also very far away from the playroom (unlike in Va, where it was around the corner). So I'm on it less. Which is good.

The distance from our parked car in the garage to my fridge is about 10 feet. No more punishment for humongous shopping trips.

My tv is also very close to our kids rooms, so I have to watch it at night with closed captioning. I think the close captioning edits out profanity. I'm even more sheltered than before.

And last but not least, big house equals better games of hide and seek.

So now you know. And the more you know, the less you don't know.

1 comment:

Kimmel Tippets said...

I really love your posts, lots of personality! Plus, you always like to help others improve their own skills which is awesome! I'm glad you are settling in your new home, what an exciting time for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...