Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scrapbooks and everyday life…

IMG_0512

I recently finished printing and binding the first two years of Sophia’s life. Sorting through pictures and attempting to document our life 5 years ago has made me look through my camera lens in a different way. I’ve never been good at getting pictures at baby blessings or big trips, but I’m pretty good at capturing what happens every day.

And seeing as how my mom is my number one blog fan, and she’s sure to call me when she sees this post, Hi Mom! Look, it’s a pic of you from when Natalie was born, 4 years ago. I see different things in these pictures, then I did when I took them- like look how great our green walls were! Wow, we still have that blanket! And I miss those huge front windows in our apartment in Utah!

image

So, back to taking pics of the everyday. I realized I need to take pics around the house, doing some normal things. Here’s some I took the other night, during our nightly milk drinking.

IMG_0531

Natalie’s gets this mischievous eye and half smile when she’s got a funny thought forming…

IMG_0534

But a scowl when her personal photo session bubble is being infringed upon…

IMG_0541-1

And a fish face when all the milk is almost gone.

IMG_0547

Ugh Mom, you’re just so silly….

IMG_0549-1

IMG_0554-1

Leo just wants to look in the lens and see himself.

IMG_0566-1IMG_0567IMG_0568-1

Even princesses have to do their homework. Sophia’s list of things that start with R included Rapunzel.

IMG_0586

There was some dancing afterwards. This picture about sums it up. Natalie is fierce, in the traditional sense of the word.

IMG_0611

I still have yet to figure out how to capture that early morning haze of Saturday snuggling.I should practice it more! 

 

But I finally got a pic of the crazy frantic splashing that Leo lives for in the bathtub, and the accompanying huge smiles.

IMG_0648IMG_0639

I took some pics as I was playing with Leo a few days ago, with the intent to capture what his life is like right now. And to get a pic that documents his baby blues.

IMG_0700

IMG_0702IMG_0713IMG_0732IMG_0727

Before the Blue and Gold Banquet John was putting on his cowboy hat and Leo was enthralled by it.

IMG_0747IMG_0751

John putting on the smolder, and trying not to laugh, ala Flynn Rider from Rapunzel.

We stopped by Dora and Diego’s the other day…(Children’s Museum of Indianapolis!)

IMG_0782IMG_0790IMG_0794

RFID scanners on the animals would tell the computer at the animal hospital what animal it was. I thought it was pretty cool, my kids just think it’s normal for computers to know these things.

IMG_0803IMG_0829

Check out those teeth!

IMG_0862

Sophia still loves the tracing table most of all. Her most recent purchase from her birthday money was a box of 96 crayons. 5 days later, we still have them all. It’s a miracle. But not that suprising. She’s type A, and an artist. So there ya go.

Hooray for everyday life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...