Monday, September 12, 2011

A Date with my Johnny and a Date with my Girls

On Labor day John and I went for a biking date all alone. It’s fun for us to go on dates during the day- I feel like there’s more things to do sometimes than when it’s dark. So we rode the trail system near our house and went to lunch at Firehouse subs. Of course I brought my camera…so I tried to do some tricks for the camera…

IMG_4812IMG_4796IMG_4807

And that’s the only one I’ve got. And I don’t even have it really.

IMG_4872IMG_4878

I attempted to take a picture of John while riding the same speed, making him focused and the background blurry to show motion. The real success here is taking a picture without crashing. This was the best out of 20 shots and only 2 almost crashes. IMG_4779

Dates that require no makeup and are good with yoga pants and girls camps tshirts? I’m in!

IMG_4780

 

IMG_4783

Plainfield’s most stunning piece of architecture…hehe…

IMG_4886

At firehouse subs they have a digital coke machine with dozens and dozens of choices (like 5 different flavors of normal coke) and only one soda spout. It blew my mind. So I had to take a picture.

This past Friday, Sophia and Natalie and I went to an open house at a local arts center, while Leo had a date with John at home.There was woodcarving…

 

IMG_5073

Glass blowing….

IMG_5076

and a gallery of Elizabeth Black, a very talented student, whom my girls fawned all over. This totally looks like the artwork that Sophia will be creating in 20 years…her swirls and hearts and flowers, evolved and layered…

IMG_5080

The girls tried out sculpting with clay, and blowing watercolors with straws. There was also wood working, weaving, and jewelry making, and pottery wheels, but we decided not to wait in line for lessons in those things.

IMG_5084IMG_5085

 

The girls were most excited about musical easels- draw while the music plays, then rotate to a new easel. They were distraught at the end when they realized their drawings had been added to. But we got to play with the oil crayons a little bit more. I think this activity will be a keeper for Sophia’s art birthday party in November.

IMG_5087IMG_5089IMG_5091IMG_5090

We had a great time that night, the best line of the evening was when Sophia said- “Why is all this other stuff in here…I thought art is only drawing and painting?” I guess we have some art appreciation and some new horizons to discover…

Hooray for dates!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cool trail. i love bike trails.

Shelly Beth said...

That sounds like such a fun kid's activity day! Never heard of musical easels, but that is totally cool!

Lana said...

Здорово!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...