So, today we did Letter D. Here's what we did:
-Played with connectagons, fed the dinosaur box
- Talked about Letter D, had d objects, felt in the bag to figure out the object (without looking, so hard!)
- Fed the dinosaur box (a tissue box with cut out opening, painted green) - picked up a number card, counted out that many "leaves"- fed it to the dinosaur
- Sang "We are the Dinosaurs" by Laurie Berkener
- Read "Fun Dog Sun Dog" and "From Puppy to Dog" (non-fiction about how dogs grow)
- Played "Doggy Doggy where's your Bone?" Bone was hiding under ABC cards, had to say the letter to look under it. From Dog Preschool pack
- Ate donuts (recipe here at the Curvy Carrot, I'd shape them and then let them rise for at least 2 hours or more so they're fluffier than just sweet rolls texture)
- Made dog ear craft
- Simon Says, dog style- howl, beg, bark, come, sit, sleep.
-Traced letter D and did tracing from dog to ball (Dog preschool pack- this site is full of preschool and older kids printables pdfs, all geared towards homeschool. And she has links to other bloggers with more preschool packs. You have to check it out!)
- Ate our lunch!
Hooray for the Letter D!