Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mini Scriptures and Treasure Chest

Tomorrow’s lesson for sunday is titled “Jesus Christ’s Teachings are a Treasure” or something to that effect. It’s all about treasuring the scriptures and a mini review lesson of stories from the past 5 months.
IMG_1826
I decided to go literal.

In keeping with the theme I found a treasure chest paper craft from a Friend lesson.

treasure chest

I could print out jewels with scriptures on them, but why not put mini books of scriptures inside?
mini bible covers

mini book of mormon covers
I could put blank pages inside, and have them write or draw a scripture, or I could peruse the pictures catalog and put in mini pictures. The gray borders are the cut out lines, the middle line is a fold line. Each strip is folded and glued to make a double sided page, then layer the 2 pages into the book of scripture and staple.
mini scriptures insert pages

Assembled books, with staple in the middle.

IMG_1823
IMG_1824
Compared to my hand. Sorry for the nasty yellow pictures. It’s late, all my lights are not natural, and we’ll just pretend they’re trendy and taken with instagram!

IMG_1825

IMG_1826

Finished in treasure box. This was the small one- I sized it up the box pic  a few inches in publisher so it filled up the page. I suggest you do the same.

Hooray for the scriptures!

 Skip To My Lou

3 comments:

pam said...

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

pam said...

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Rachel Shipp said...

Sooo cute! My kid will love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...