Sunday, May 3, 2009

Why I do declare...it's quite delightful...

This week has been busy in ways I didn't expect last Sunday, but I'll post about that later this week. Here are some things that have earned my admiration recently...



Did you know PBS airs their Masterpiece Theatre for 6 weeks after it airs? I watched Tess of the d'ubervilles a few months ago, but found it incredibly depressing. This whole weekend has been wrapped up in Little Dorrit by Dickens. It',s you know, only 5 and 1/2 hours long...so my kitchen's really clean as I watch it and make food. It's available until...today. But the next one, the Old Curiosity Shop is available for longer. I would highly reccomend this movie if your library has it or it's on your local PBS. Love, secrets, social connections, family pride...so good. I just might want to read it, Dickens is usually hard for me because I'm just trying to figure out what's going on, much less see his social messages. So movies first are good. Is it wrong that I enjoy movie versions more than books lately? Especially from this time period, I love the look of the dresses, the rooms, the lighting and set contrasts....not to mention hearing the British and French accents firsthand.

Also, I've been loving this cheese lately. Always have loved it, but I finally bought some. John isn't a big fan. Natalie likes it though. Yesterday John thought Natalie might have spit up or burped because he couldn't place where that nasty smell was coming from...then we realized it was her cheese breath. Note to self: Brush your teeth after the soft ripened cheeses have terrorized your mouth freshness. Where's those disturbing orbit commercials when you need em?

And I've always been looking in awe at the cuteness found in this book:


These stacks go on sale for 9.99 often at Jo-Ann's. I've made some fun things with it this week, that I'll post next week when I get around to it. So hold on, ok?

Yesterday we went here...Gardner's Frozen Treats in Christiansburg
Their italian ice was different than Ritas, more fluffy and sorbet like, rather than slurpee like Ritas. I think it's more true to the way Italian's do it...but they're both great so I'm not complaining. It was a fun little outing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...