Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whoopie Pie Visiting Teaching Treat

In my church we’re asked to watch over a few sisters in our congregation- it’s called “Visiting Teaching.” I’m assigned to visit a few sisters with a partner, and two ladies are assigned to visit me. We try to visit once a month, keep in contact with the sisters and know what’s going on with them and their families. This weekend I was already making treats for my Sunday school class, (rice krispie treats) but I wanted something chocolately. A few minutes on the internet later, and I knew I wanted to make whoopie pies. I settled on Martha Stewart’s “classic” recipe with marshmallow fluff filling instead. The complete recipe I used is from Annie’s Eats . I gave some to my visiting teachees and my visiting teacher today. The married sisters received theirs with a note attached:
whoopie cover
“This Valentine’s Day, I hope you find time with your sweetie for some whoopie…”
Inside it says:

whoopie inside
“Pies! Whoopie Pies! Happy Valentines Day"!”
I must admit, I thought I was pretty clever making this treat. It didn’t hurt that the pies turned out delicious. I punched a hole in the card and tied it around the bags.

IMG_9039IMG_9042
I didn’t have a whoopie pie pan, I just put parchment on baking sheets, scooped the filling out into a heart shape, various sizes so some were kid sized. The recipe from Annie’s Eat’s says it makes 24, mine made 36 of various sizes.
Hooray for Whoopie! Pies, Whoopie Pies!

If you're visiting from Skip to my Lou, thanks for stopping over!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...