Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kettle Corn Challenge!

First, there was the facebook question:
Anybody know a good recipe for kettle corn?

Instead of recipes, I got suggestions on where to buy.
FAIL.

So, I looked it up on allrecipes.com

500 plus people liked this recipe for Kettle Corn

This recipe is all about making popcorn in a pot on your stove, and you add sugar with the oil, so the popcorn cooks in the syrup mixture.

Tried it. Took too long, sugar clumped but not around popcorn, and it burnt. Tried it twice.

FAIL.
I know it doesn't look that burnt here, but trust me.

So I looked up other methods. The next method was to make up popcorn in your normal method (for me, that includes an amazingly cute hello kitty popcorn maker, which don't worry, i got on sale for 10 dollars), and then make up a sugar/salty syrup over the stove, that you pour on top. You can find this method here, on kidglue. It's copied below.

SUCCESS!


Holly always shows up ravenous to my house so I have
to feed her treats so she doesn't devour my children...



Sarah Matheny's Kettle Corn recipe from Mama's recipe box on Kid glue:

Here’s my fool proof recipe:

8 cups airpopped popcorn

2 T. canola oil

2 T. water

1-2 t. salt (depending on how salty you like it)

2/3 c. sugar

Pop your corn and put it in a large bowl. Put the oil, water, sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once the syrup comes to a boil, allow to simmer for three minutes. Remove syrup from heat and pour over popped corn, tossing in salt while stirring. Allow popcorn to cool and enjoy!

1 comment:

Jack MacDowall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...