Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Packaging

It's no secret that I have DCWV stacks for each season. One of my favorite things to do with that sturdy fancy scrapbook paper is create packages.

These are my main packages.

First, tote bags made from two pieces of paper. Add ribbon for handles and you're good to go.



2. Cereal or snack boxes covered with scrapbook paper for mailing




And my latest....copying off a Panda express take out package. (Isn't Panda Express the best? I mean really? Can I get a witness!)

I traced it onto the paper and cut it out. The lines to fold the package on are at tricky angles, so it took a few tries to figure out how to work it.

Eventually I decided to put the original package on top. Together I folded the package along it's fold lines, giving the scrapbook paper the same fold lines.

Then I carefully folded the scrapbook paper side triangles (the parts below in white) over. It took two tries, and then I had to correct the bottom corners so it was level. I hot glued the side triangles and tied a ribbon around instead of adding a wire handle.

Perfect for holding candies, little presents, or cookies!

Oh and if you want just white or blue or pink gingham, the dollar store has mini ones (about 3 inches tall) about 8 for $1. So don't waste your time making mini ones!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...