Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Crafts: The rocket ships



I made this rocket pattern, Rocket Man by Long Thread, for my two nephews and the baby to be. This was back in early December, before we knew what it was. Good thing I covered my bases and did a boy craft AND bought girl clothes.



The Long Thread uses a wooden egg for the rocket man himself, but I used the Wee Wonderfuls pattern for Little Wee. I scaled it down to one third it's size, and added seam allowance. Worked out great.




I had to experiment a little bit to get the pocket right for the little man, eventually fitting the pocket around my man, and pinning/sewing. Then cutting a custom size hole and sewing it on. But it was worth it.




They also double as footballs, as my football obsessed nephew James would sure show you.

Here we go...To Infinity and Beyond!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...